Monday, February 13, 2012

All Tied Together

For Christmas I always make my two little brothers (now 6 and 9) tie blankets.  I wanted to try something a little different this year.  Instead of just picking two prints or colors and tying them together, I cut squares and made it look like a quilt! 
To make one fleece tie quilt; I chose two different colors and cut 6 - 24x24 squares in each color.  I cut about 12 strips on all sides of each square and pieced them all together.  Once the squares were all tied together, I then used a large fleece piece for the backing.  I tied along the edges and Wha La! A fun blanket for my younger brothers without a sewing machine! :)  

THEY LOVED THEM!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, these are cool. Especially the "no sewing" part. Has Bridget turned you on to Linky Parties yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. No I have not been introduced to those yet. I am not sure what I need to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. You add your link to the party that's happening on another blog, along with a thumbnail that's taken from your blog page. Then you go and visit some of the other links and people will come visit you. It's a great way to get more followers and meet other people who have the same interests. If you go to my blog or Bridget's, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a list of "parties" we're linking to. Go to one of the links and you'll see what I'm talking about ... Or ask Bridget and she can help too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay thank you! I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete