Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Silhouettes on Canvas

I wanted to share this project.  I got this idea from Pinterest.com.  There were a lot of cute ideas, but I wanted to make it my own, so I used a really cute print that I like a lot called "First Kiss" and painted the silhouettes on canvas.  I added an umbrella since it was  raining and added my own bench since in the real print they are sitting on steps.  With a glue gun and some different colored blue crayons I dripped them on the canvas to make it look like it was raining.  It was a fun project, but hard to do.  I now need to find a nice frame for it so I can hang it up. :)

8 comments:

  1. I love it, Jen! So whimsical and crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Stacey! Slowly but surely I will have more of my projects to show for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, this looks great! I can't wait to see your future posts! I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogger, Jen! Love your painting and the crayola drops for rain ... very clever! Has Bridget turned you on to the linky parties yet? I'm following you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Im excited to start posting more. I have not done any of the linky parties yet, but she was telling me about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you drip the crayons onto there so nicely? I am looking to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used a hot glue gun and inserted the crayons where the glue would go and dripped it over the picture after I painted on the silhouettes. It was fun to do. Then once i was all done I sprayed it with a clear top coat. Good luck! Post pictures!

      Delete
  7. Also I set the canvas up right sort of tilted as I ran the glue gun back and forth across the top as it dripped. It was a little tricky but fun.

    ReplyDelete